Development and Dissemination of Industrial Solutions
In TallFacades industry partners from three European countries contribute with their knowledge and are involved in Innovation
- Rubner Holzbau GmbH, Germany
- Eternit AG, Germany
- Isola AS, Norway
- Overhalla Industrier, Norway
- Martinsons Building Systems, Sweden
- Moelven Modular Buildings AB, Sweden
- Planners – architects and civil engineers: RiFa risk façade tool to improve design of tall timber facades and guidance to sufficient quality control
- Construction companies: Improve their constructions by verified solutions with minimized risk, fit for industrial prefabrication and building processes, guidance for quality management
- User: Guidance for sufficient maintenance and with RiFa an instrument to assess risk-cost relationship.
- All stakeholders: Construction catalogue for safe and durable tall timber facades.
The novelty of this project is that it:
- Provides knowledge about the explicit relationship between climate, climate change and the performance of high-rise facades based on small- and full-scale tests and calculations
- Quantifies uncertainties of climate performance including driving rain
- Develops a semi-probalistic ‘safety concept’ to prevent damage by moisture not only for low-rise buildings but also for multi-storey buildings.
- Gives an estimation relationship of costs and robustness
Tall Timber Facades can prove their performance for the expected lifetime from 60 to more than 100 years in the built environment.